The cell for Placement has been set up in the college to offer to the students as sense of direction and an exposure to the range of openings and job possibilities available to them as they pass out of the college. The Cell, it is envisaged, will not limit itself to becoming the run-of-the-mill ‘placement’ center where students may just get connected with possible employers. The objective of setting up the Cell includes the idea of preparing the student to launch in to the next phase of life confidently and equip her/him with the ability to use and connect ‘learning’ with the living of life.Different kinds of activities will be organized by the Cell in order to:
- Help students realize their aptitude
- Hone their skills and talents with professional support
- Build a strong sense of identity and confidence through workshops in self-development
- Create a base of strong values for work
- Provide them exposure to different kinds of career options
- Offer information about various entrance exams and scholarships available for higher education in India and abroad.
- Invite possible agencies/NGOs/corporate sector/institutions/training agencies etc. for placement of the outgoing students who seek jobs.
- The Cell worked in association with Career Launcher, Times Education and Indian Express and organized the interaction of final year students with experts from diverse areas. It also arranged for grooming sessions for the students to prepare them for group discussions and personal interviews. These involved language modules, personality assessment tests and interactive sessions. The greatest success of the Cell has been the successful initiation of a campus recruitment drive. Companies like Barclays, ICICI, Wipro, Genpact, Livewel Aviation Industry, Max New York Life Insurance Co., Google and Wipro Technologies selected candidates and also recruited some second year students for internship programmes. 75% of all students enrolled with the cell were absorbed in various positions. Some students have also been enrolled in free coaching classes for various competitive exams through the Ministry of Minorities Affairs